Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sleep is good

I've been getting over a sinus cold for about the last two weeks now, so not much to report. Along with the typical OTC meds, I've been trying to take my vitamins, eats lots of veggies, drink lots of water, and of course, get in LOTS of sleep. Which made me think of a small, but important change to my sleeping habits these last few months. I was on a random trip to IKEA where I probably came out with nothing I planned to buy, yet found other things that I needed while I was there. One of those items was a contoured foam pillow. I'm a side and back sleeper, and for some time was waking up with my arms behind my head (for neck support in my sleep, I suppose), or with back pains after sleeping more than 7 hours. I saw this pillow, and decided to give it a try. Well, after about a week of getting used to sleeping on it, I've had much better sleep since using it, and highly recommend it for you side/back sleepers out there. Now to get DH one for sleeping on his belly...

In other news, I've managed to make it to two major concerts in the last two months, which is probably a record for me. We went to see Silversun Pickups and Muse on 2/27, and They Might Be Giants this past Friday, 3/5. Both excellent shows!

No comments: