Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Post #100!

It's my 100th post! I didn't think I'd be keeping this up almost a year later, but somehow blogging is a lot easier than keeping a journal. And people in cyberspace might actually be reading it! It is the year of 100s at GT - 100 years of the alumni association, college of architecture, and GT Band! There will be a lot of fun things going on at Homecoming on Oct. 25th this year, so I am looking forward to that. In fact, I will be helping to plan some of the GTBAA activities.

(Just out of curiousity, I searched for "100" on Google images. Click
here to see what it gave me.)

In other news, today I received an end-of-fiscal-year bonus! That was a nice surprise. And it puts me in a better position to get that digital SLR camera that I have been eyeing to replace my old (but trusty) 1.3 megapixal Sony Cybershot that I have had since 2002. I just found out this week that the Nikon D90 is coming out within the next month, so my loyalties have changed from the D80 to the D90 now. I am also trying to decide which lens to get. My friend Val recommends the Nikkor 18-200 mm VR (vibration reduction) lens as a good multipurpose lens, and that way I won't need to be switching between two smaller ones. Any thoughts or advice out there? Please leave a comment or email me! Thanks a bunch!

1 comment:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Congratulations! Believe me, I understand. I was never able to keep a "paper" journal, though I tried many times. For some reason, blogging has really stuck with me. I'll be celebrating my fifth "blogiversary" in October! That really just blows my mind.