Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

...into our downstairs room, that is. There appears to be a waterproofing breach at the exterior wall next to our lower den that is daylit. Each time we've gotten one of the famous Atlanta afternoon downpours in the last two weeks, there has been a delayed flow of water from the exterior wall, through our den, into the garage. So, now that I am back to reality this week, we have two different waterproofing contractors coming over at the end of this week to have a look. Wish us luck - we are bracing for the worst, and so is our bank account. Bye-bye, stimulus check for sure...

In other news, I was thrilled to find out at work today that my name has been published into a book on Atlanta architecture! It's on page 202 of City by Design - an architectural perspective of atlanta! I am listed as part of the architecture team on the World of Coca-Cola, and a beautiful photo of it is on the cover, too! I am very happy for my firm and the team, as they deserved some credit after all of our hard work on this building: http://www.panache.com/CBD/cbd_atlanta.html.

And then the news of our dear former Tech baseball player, Mark Teixeira, getting traded to the Anaheim was sad news, but I hope that he does well with the Angels. I'll miss getting to see him at the Braves games, as he was my current favorite. :(

No comments: