Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a bird, it's a cat, it's a birdie the cat pillow!

Thanks to my friend Val who is an avid quilter, I have recently been exposed to the wonderful world of Amy Butler. She is a fabric designer and creates a lot of neat fabric lines especially for quilting. I found an easy and cute free pattern, Birdie the Cat Pillow, off her website and decided to try making one of these for Val's birthday present, since we both wanted to make one. Here he is and the birthday card that I also made:

I used the same flannel fabric front and back, with felt for the face. I modified the face a little by adding a little kitty nose and changing the straight lipped-expression to a smiling one. Isn't it precious? Now I need to make myself one! Speaking of cats, here's a pic of Thoth napping yesterday - ah, the life of a cat...

1 comment:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

That is too adorable, Ina!