Monday, October 27, 2008

You look good for 100!

Well, I had a crazy but fun weekend (I think), helping the GT Band celebrate 100 years. Honestly, Val and I spent so much time planning it, the actual events seemed to fly by. But I think we both enjoyed ourselves, even though we were sleep-deprived and a little loopy by the time Friday night came around. I got to see the middle part of the Surround Sound Concert. We missed the premiere of the Kappa Kappa Psi-commissioned piece, appropriately titled HardDrive, at the beginning, but the concert band will be performing again in a week, so I'll have to try and catch it then. The Friday BBQ went relatively well - we did run out of BBQ at about the last 15 people and ended up having to order some pizzas, but blame it on me for not bumping up the numbers, the caterer for not throwing a little extra in, the students for taking 3 sandwiches apiece...oh well. Saturday's rehearsal, lunch, marchover with the Band, pre-game, and post-game Tau Beta Sigma reception were all great. Losing the Homecoming game was not. Other than that, I think a great time was had by all. Time to start planning my trip to New York to see the Macy's Parade...

No comments: