Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Part 1

Calling all trip advisors! This New England tour that I am planning is becoming more and more complicated... I'm trying to get from Boston (MA) to Springfield (MA) to NYC. I think trains will be my friends, and probably a pick-up by my sister in Worcester to get me to her place near Springfield. Anyway, I'll be through all these towns starting next Wednesday through Thanksgiving, so any trip advice or sights to see or restaurant suggestions are appreciated!

My trip has become part work, part pleasure. I've being sent in someone's place to attend the Greenbuild Conference in Boston, which is exciting for me. I haven't been in Boston since I lived in MA, so probably about 5 years old, and even then, the only thing I remember is the Boston's Children's Museum, in all it's glory (at least at 5). Also, the Greenbuild Conference is a gathering of like-minded architects, builders, designers, and vendors with green buildings in mind, and since that's going to be the wave of the future, anything I can learn is a plus. My DS is in Chicopee, and I have not had the opportunity to visit her since she moved there almost 1.5 years ago, so I'll get to see her and my parents, as well as my childhood area, for the first time since age 6. And then of course the finale, NYC. We'll be enjoying the sights there for sure. MoMA is definitely on the list, and a couple of restaurants. And seeing my beloved GT Marching Band in the Macy's parade. Sounds like a whirlwind, I know, but I am really looking forward to it all! Now to figure out how to pack for 11 days of cold weather in my little carry-on suitcase...

No comments: