Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sanrio Sunshine

Those of you who know me well know that I grew up on Sanrio characters, much like you might have grown up with Snoopys (DH) and Belles, or My Little Ponies, or Barbies, or G.I. Joes. As I have gotten older, though, I haven't really grown out of my love for Hello Kitty and gang. Some of my favorite Sanrio characters growing up include HK herself, the Little Twin Stars, My Melody, Tuxedo Sam, Pochacco and Keroppi. They continue to bring a smile to my face today, and I still indulge myself on the cute pad of stationary or pen whenever I come across a store or, these days, Target. I even have a little tabletop Christmas tree that is now decorated with little Sanrio resin characters - tres cute! My current love is Chococat, since it reminds me of my dear black kitty, Thoth. My DH is kind enough to tolerate my infatuation, and in his random online searches came across this amusing blog of a man who doesn't quite get his Asian wife's love of all things Hello Kitty: Hello Kitty Hell - One Man's Life With Cute Overload. What made me think about this today is that I discovered the ultimate Sanrio indulgence for the adult Sanrio fan - a Hello Kitty credit card! I don't really need one, but I can't help but think just how much better my retail therapy would be if I pulled this out everytime I needed to do a little shopping to cheer me up! :)

PS - Sorry on the delay of the rest of my NYC post - still trying to get photos sorted out.

No comments: