Friday, May 1, 2009

Another year older and wiser

I had a great, not too eventful birthday, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Work went by pretty quickly. DH and I headed out for birthday dinner at Baraonda (link down on the right in my "Fave Eats" list). We shared the calamari appetizer, the Proscuitto di Parma pizza (best pizza EVER!), and of course, my free birthday dessert, tiramisu! Now I have had tiramisu many a time, and do have particulars about a good tiramisu (like, cream cheese is NOT a substitute for mascarpone!), but the one we had last night was one of the best, truly sublime pieces I have ever tasted.

After dinner, we headed over to Midtown Art Cinema to catch a special screening of Road to Roubaix, a documentary of the famous Paris-Roubaix, cobblestone-ridden, bike race in France each April. It was very interesting (certainly not something I would *ever* want to attempt!), and I can't believe the stamina of these riders that take on the race!

Speaking of sublime, we finally stopped by "the doughnut place" that several people have been telling me about this morning to grab some breakfast.
Sublime Doughnuts is located at the corner of 10th and Hemphill, where the old West Campus Bookstore used to be by Tech. See that strawberries and creme doughnut pictured on the website - THAT'S what I had for breakfast this morning. Go try it - 'nuff said. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

cyndirella107 said...

I do my share of everyday cobblestone bike riding, and that's bad enough. I'd be interested in seeing the movie. I'm glad your birthday dinner was delicious. Does Sublime do yeast doughnuts or cake donuts? I could go for a box of Krispy Kremes right now. I should try making some.