Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crafty Spurt

I got the crafting bug this week, since I was taking a little break from studying for my AREs. I'm a new fan of Amy Butler, and happened across a few of her patterns that were discounted due to a little outer packaging wear and tear at Knitch last weekend. (Knitch is where DH bought me some wool yarn so I could knit a cool coordinating hat to go with my awesome new indigo blue winter wool coat for my anniversary gift - it's the traditional 7th anniversary thing.) So this week, I decided to try out one of the easier ones to feed my crafty itch. I made the toiletry/clutch bag (largest one) out of the Stash and Dash Bags. Since we are going to the beach in a few short weeks, I thought it would be handy to have a little wristlet that I could throw my wallet, phone, and maybe a few other small things into. Although I did not use Amy Butler fabrics, I think it still turned out pretty cute with these fun floral coordinates that I found at Joann:

Side 1:

Side 2:

I also made Amy Butler's Birdie Sling a few months back with the Amy Butler Ginger Bliss fabric (which is discontinued) that Val brought back from me from the big quilt show in Houston, but kept forgetting to photograph it:

The bottom fabric and lining (sorry no pic) is the Ginger Bliss, and the top is something I found at Joann to coordinate. It's been a handy shopping bag!

3 comments:

cyndirella107 said...

Very cute. I mentioned that I might be soon receiving a box of T-shirts for a quilt, and my friend Nina offered her sewing machine. It'll be nice to sew again.

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Way too cute, Ina!

geeky Heather said...

Those are both soooo cute!!!