Sunday, November 11, 2007

Leaf blower



The leaves have started to fall. Last fall, DH and I finally gave in to buying a leaf blower after 3 falls of raking leaves in our yard by hand. I don't know what took us so long! I am really loving it now, and although I am disappointed that I have given in to using "demon electricity" (as one of our favorite bands, Asylum Street Spankers, refers to it), it saves me a ton of time and makes me feel like I am keeping up with the Joneses in our neighborhood. Don't get me wrong - I still don't think we'll be getting that "Yard of the Month" sign any time soon... (Speaking of the Spankers: Do you have neighbors that like to use their leaf blower/chainsaw at 8 am on a Saturday morning? Check out the Asylum Street Spankers song, "Leaf Blower" - it is hilarious!)

The drought has wreaked havoc on some of our plants and trees in the yard. I can tell now which branches on trees have died, etc. But I don't think we have lost anything major. Spring will tell. Here's photos of one of our hydrangeas and one of our dogwoods (red) with our across-the-street neighbor's yellow tree in the background.

No comments: