Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mish Mash

Hmmm...lots of different things going on this week...where to start?

The GT CRC upgraded their turnstiles magnetized proximity scanners, so DH and I had to go by the Buzz Card office to upgrade our Tech IDs to new ones with the chip. So we finally got to go work out tonight. My right side is a little sore, probably from trying to get the lawn mower started the other day, so I took it easy on the arm weights.

More flowers in the yard have started to bloom. My pink wild roses have developed their typical black spots on the leaves after the first bloom, but I have not had time to investigate why that is. It seems to happen every year. The blue hydrangeas are still going full force, and the greenish white ones have leaves growing like kudzu, but they won't bloom until a little later. And the small gardenias started blooming this week in the front yard - they smell heavenly!

A new project I decided to start (like I need another UFO!) is to create a professional portfolio of my work since getting out of grad school. I realized that I don't really have any documentation of the projects that I have worked on in the last 8 years, so I started a few layouts and got a little portfolio binder at Sam Flax at their Spring Fling sale a few weekends ago. Maybe when I get one of the spreads done, I'll post it.

We're planning a visit to Knoxville this weekend to meet up with MIL, SFIL, SIL, and SIL's BF at SFIL's brother's house (did I lose you yet?) and to start celebrating DH's bday a little early. We got tickets to see The Breeders at The Loft to kick off his bday week. Not sure yet what we'll be doing on his actual bday. We got a dine around card from Buckhead Life again this year, and June is Veni Vedi Vici, so that's a potential outing. Gift suggestions for DH are welcome!

Oh, and for laughs, I shared this link with Cyndi today, thanking her for not making us wear saloon dresses for her wedding: http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/06/11/bridesmaid.dresses/index.html?iref=newssearch (click on pic 2) . She kicked an email forward back to me that essentially showed something like this: http://jeffersonian.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/redneck-wedding.jpg. Yes, I am thankful to be wearing this dress: http://www.venusbridal.com/detail.php?did=59 (sapphire blue dress with light blue sash).

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

Hey Ina! Hope you guys had fun in Knoxville. Wish I could've been there. Miss you all!
~AnneMarie