Sunday, June 1, 2008

A fun weekend celebrating Cyndi



I had a really fun time participating in my friend Cyndi's Bachelorette Weekend. Nikki (the other local bridesmaid) and I had a great time planning for the weekend and the bridal shower. In keeping with her travel theme for the wedding, I created a weekend "Party Passport" for her to document the various activities - I have to admit that I even impressed myself with the way it turned out! We started Friday night by seeing a movie and having a few drinks at Martinis and IMAX, then headed to Cyndi's fave Mexican place, Nuevo Laredo, for a late dinner with everyone else that came into town for the weekend. Saturday morning we held a brunch bridal shower at Agnes & Muriel's. As party favors, I found the cutest wedding dress cookies from Rhodes Bakery - that's Thoth up above, the cookie inspector, helping me put them into goodie bags Friday night. We then spent the afternoon on a photo scavenger hunt that DH put together for us that was a lot of fun. Saturday night we had dinner at a great Italian pizza restaurant, Fritti, then walked a block down to Dad's Garage for TheatreSports - their Saturday night improv show. Of course, with her blinky "Bride To Be" button and shiny silver "Bachlorette" sash (Miss America-style), she could not be missed. They saved the best for last and called Cyndi up on stage for one of the last improv skits - "A Day in the Life of Cyndi," and I laughed so hard I cried! The actors were so great - we had a really great time. Sunday we attended church with Cyndi at St. Paul , where she and Matt will be married, and then headed south of town for the last day of the Georgia Renaissance Festival. It was hot, but fun and a great way to end the weekend. I'm going to bed early tonight!

No comments: