Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Everything's better with cheese

I don't know what it is, but I am on the constant search for a good cracker. I know at least since college when I had to keep snacking in order to pull off long nights in architecture studio have I been on the search for the perfect cracker. Old favorites include Keebler Toasteds, Cheez-its, fresh saltines and Triscuits. Some must go with a particular thing. For instance, Toasteds with my friend Cole's cheese dip, or Triscuits with slices of Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese. My new favorite Triscuit is the deli-style rye. They go especially well with slices of sharp white cheddar. And then the newest favorite is Wisecrackers Roasted Garlic with rosemary. Actually, it should be called Rosemary (with a little roasted garlic), in my opinion. One of my co-workers had a box of these at her desk one day, and after offering me one to try, she had me hooked on them! The only place I have found them in these parts is at Trader Joe's. Being that they are from Washington State, this makes sense. Anyway, check them out if you have a Trader Joe's near you. These go well with olive spreads and prosciutto, or just plain by themselves!
http://www.partnerscrackers.com/partnersframeset.html
http://www.partnerscrackers.com/wc411lg.html

No comments: