Monday, August 11, 2008

WIPs - part 3

Here are the finished photos of the baby blanket I made for John and Susan. Baby gender is yet to be determined (although I think it's a girl), so that's why it's in sort of neutral colors. It turned out pretty well - I got to play with the fancy stitches on my sewing machine for the binding, and also got to use the serger machine that I have on loan from Cyndi (thanks, Cyn!) while she is in Denmark to bind the raw edges of the blanket before putting on the binding. Quick tip for a fast and easy blanket is to pick a fabric with squares on it for one side. As you can see from the numbers side, this made the quilting process pretty fast. I need to make one of these for myself!

No comments: